Village of Delta Is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Welcome to Delta Police Department. We are thrilled to have you here and we’re looking for officers who will be an incredible addition to our community and department. We welcome people who can provide a fresh perspective and bring positive changes. We understand that situating yourself to become a new member can be challenging, so please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you may have questions.
The Village of Delta is accepting certified applicants and Lateral Transfers for full-time Police Officer positions.
Lateral Entry Qualifications
Applicants who wish to join the police department through lateral entry must have a minimum of two (2) consecutive years of experience as a full-time law enforcement officer without any break in service for more than a year, at the time of application. Additionally, they should have a current Ohio Basic Peace Officer Training Academy Certificate or an Ohio State Highway Patrol Basic Training Certificate. The applicant’s work experience should include working for a law enforcement agency as a sworn full-time police officer where they had the authority to enforce laws, investigate crimes, make arrests, respond to calls for service, carry a firearm, and use discretion as a part of their assigned duties. Please note that time served as a part-time police officer, reserve police officer, or other types of unpaid peace officer will not be considered while calculating years of service for a lateral transfer.
Minimum Qualifications for All Police Officer Applicants.
- Must be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be OPOTA certified.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving history that meets the criteria for insurability established by the Village of Delta.
- Police officers must be able to perform essential job functions safely with or without accommodation.
- Must not have been found guilty of a felony in any court, which has not been annulled, expunged, or sealed by a court, and no convictions of domestic violence or other similar **
- Subject to background investigation including but not limited to the use of a polygraph
- Subject to mandatory and/or random drug
- Subject to Physical Fitness Examination.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, nights, overtime, weekends, and holidays.
There is no physical fitness test required for either entry-level or lateral transfer candidates.
** Additional restrictions can be found in the Ohio Administrative Code (OAC 109-2-1-03)
For Inquiries About Our Hiring Process, Please Contact: Chief Robert Austin at 419-822-3232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Village of Delta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion, or sexual orientation. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Village of Delta is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Village of Delta
401 Main Street | Delta, Ohio 43515 | 419-822-3190